Friday, July 16, 2010

Taco Truck

I'm from the midwest and so the idea of buying food from a truck that drives around (or sometimes just stays in one place) seemed a little weird.  When I moved to California though, lots of people touted the virtues of buying food from a truck and so I decided that it was finally time to see what all the fuss was about.  I took a friend who is well-versed in taco tuck food/etiquette and we tried the El Grullense taco truck in the east bay.  Here's a picture of the truck:


I knew we'd chosen wisely when I saw that they sold tongue, tripe and brain so I knew it was authentic even down to the Mexican soda. 




I wasn't feeling adventurous enough to try the tongue (some day) so I went for a carne asade taco and a carnitas (pork) taco, all for $3.50.  The food was made fresh while we waited and smelled amazing.  Here's a picture of my order:


The carne asada had a lot of fat/grizzle but my pork was perfectly tender and seasoned.  When I go back, I'll get the pork and maybe try the tongue.  Needless to say, I'm no longer afraid of taco trucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment