Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gelato

Next year I will finally fulfill my lifelong dream of going to Italy.  In the meantime, I satisfy my cravings for decent italian food by eating a lot of gelato.  One of my favorite places is Sweet Orchid.  The place is owned by a nice woman named Leslie, who also happens to be the gelato maker.  Every time I go in and she's there, we talk about the newest flavors she's thinking up or has already successfully made and she never disappoints.  My favorite flavor to-date has been her cookies 'n cream flavor but I have to say I now have two new ones.  I went there this past weekend and got creme brulee and red velvet cake flavored gelato.  Here's a picture:


The picture does not do it justice, the flavors were amazingly rich and the gelato was perfectly creamy.  I've never had any ice cream that comes as close to the actual flavor as does Leslie's gelato.  Needless to say, even when I move to the peninsula, I still plan to make regular trips to see Leslie and try her creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment