Sunday, April 25, 2010

Salmon cakes

Because I live in a place that has great access to fresh (caught the same day) seafood, I've decided that I need to try cooking more seafood.  One recipe that caught my eye was a salmon cake with lemon caper yogurt sauce.  I love crab cakes but crab can be expensive so I thought I'd try a salmon cake and see if it could be a good substitute.  Here's a picture of the crab cakes, waiting to be fried:


And a couple of them after frying:


When I made these, I didn't use capers (don't like them) or saltine crackers (substituting panko bread crumbs instead) and didn't bother to make the dipping sauce from the recipe.  Instead I just hit them with a dash of fresh lemon juice.  I thought they were a little heavy on the mustard and tasted better with the panko crumbs but they're no substitute for crab cakes.  Still, it was a fun recipe to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment