Thursday, December 9, 2010

Alexander's Steakhouse

Last month I had the opportunity to dine at Alexander's Steakhouse, an amazing steakhouse that recently received its first Michelin star.  As much as I enjoy food, I can count on one hand the number of Michelin-rated restaurants that I've eaten at because they tend to be very expensive and hard to get a reservation.  Luckily, I knew someone who had an "in" at Alexander's and so I was able to finally eat there.  Given that it's a nicer restaurant, I did not feel comfortable taking pictures of the dishes I ate so all I can do is list the information here (based on memory, which may be deficient).  Lest you all wonder if I've developed the appetite of an NFL linebacker, I went with a party of 5 people and we shared most of the items below:

Starter course
Hamachi shots - truffled ponzu sauce, chili, avocado, frizzled ginger, cilantro greens

Palate Cleanser
Shot of creamy truffle soup

Main Course
10 oz filet mignon - tarragon-mustard beurre blanc, demi-glace
Truffled french fries - white truffle oil, parmesan potato purée
Mac 'N Cheese - white truffle oil
Creamed Spinach - feta cheese, crisp filo
Potatoes Au Gratin

Palate Cleanser
Fruit sorbet

Dessert
Lemon Chamomile herbal tea
Housemade cotton candy - bubble gum flavor

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds very interesting, but way too much. Glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete