Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mission Pie

I've lived in the San Francisco area for almost three years now but I have to admit that I don't know San Francisco very well.  Thankfully, a new friend offered to show me around the city, which included a stop at Papalote Mexican Grill (see my earlier post on that), as well as Mission Pie for dessert.  Mission Pie is a neighborhood bakery located in the Mission District that focuses on sourcing their ingredients from local farmers and emphasizes recycling.  My guide recommended it as a good place to grab a piece of homemade pie so I was game.  The pie menu changes daily but they have a good mix of both sweet and savory pies.  I was in the mood for sweet so I ordered a slice of peach pie.  Here's a picture:


Right away I could taste the difference that the fresh ingredients made and the crust was the right amount of crispiness for my taste.  All in all, it was a good piece of pie and I would recommend trying the place if you're ever in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment