Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mushroom risotto with peas

As I continue to develop my culinary skills, I love taking on a challenge.  A few years ago I decided that I was going to learn how to make risotto, which I'd always heard was hard to make.  Turns out, it's not that hard to make unless you consider having to stir it regularly hard (I don't).  One of the first recipes I ever tried has also turned out to be my favorite (so far), so I thought I'd share it: mushroom risotto with peas.  The recipe I have is out of Giada's Everyday Italian cookbook and doesn't call for as much chicken stock (5 1/4 cups versus 8 cups) but hopefully the online recipe is just as good (I'm too lazy to type out the recipe from the book).  I typically cook this dish when I'm in the mood for some comfort food and I was in the mood this weekend so here's a picture of the dish after it's done:

4 comments:

  1. Yum, yum! I love risotto of any kind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks for sharing this! I love porcini mushrooms and I even have a bunch left over from a chowder I make in the winter. What did you do in place of the wine? Chicken broth? White grape juice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use cooking wine - it's not the best but it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to make this. I think Jack might actuallly eat it!

    ReplyDelete