Sunday, May 16, 2010

Breakfast Tart with Pancetta and Green Onions

I love quiche but have never made it myself, even though I've heard it's pretty easy to make.  I saw a recipe for a breakfast tart with pancetta and green onions on one of my favorite Food Network shows and it gave me the motivation to try my hand at quiche.  I didn't have a quiche/tart pan that the recipe calls for but, thankfully, I got one for my birthday.  Armed with that, I was ready to try the recipe.

Here's the tart before it went into the oven:


And then when it came out of the oven:


The flavor of the gruyere and pancetta really add to this recipe, although both are fairly salty so I'd probably not add the salt listed in the recipe and instead let those two ingredients flavor it on their own.  Apart from that, the tart was really tasty and a great way to start my quiche repertoire.

1 comment:

  1. I have a really great quiche crust recipe if you're ever interested. I've made many quiche's where the crust just wasn't good or just wasn't quiche worthy.

    ReplyDelete