Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cafe Gratitude

I recently had the chance to try real vegan food for the first time at a restaurant called Cafe Gratitude.  Where I live there is a big demand for farm-to-table eating and Cafe Gratitude has this in spades, along with a surprisingly interesting menu.  For my first foray, I tried the "I am trusting" with an "I am effervescent" to drink.  Here is a picture of my meal:


I added a side of guacamole, just in case the meal was bland and needed something extra.  To my surprise, almost everything was super spicy-hot, including the guacamole.  I'm not a big fan of spicy-hot food (I think most spicy-hot food is spicy to drown out the disappointment of an otherwise bland dish) so I didn't love my meal.  The tamale itself was good so I ended up just eating it and giving the rest of my meal to other friends who were at the table with me.  I'm not ready to give up on vegan food entirely and I think I just ordered the wrong dish for me.  Other people in my group really enjoyed what they ordered, which included "I am elated," "I am transformed," "I am extraordinary," "I am accepting," and "I am eternally sweet." So, I'll go back and give it another try, hopefully with better results.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read your statement about food being overly spicy to cover up flavors. It's so true sometimes. Sorry you didn't like your meal, but it still sounds like a fun experience in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique experience! I would never have considered going to a restaurant like this, but I may do so now. Don't worry, I will wear only clothes with natural fibers!

    ReplyDelete