Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mijita Cocina Mexicana

This past weekend I went into San Francisco to see a friend from Chicago who was in town visiting.  We wanted to meet up for lunch and I wanted to take him somewhere that was unique to San Francisco, which ended up being the Ferry Building (aptly named since people commute to/from San Francisco by ferry and this is the terminal where the ferry's come/go).  One of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco is at the Ferry Building and is called The Slanted Door, which serves amazingly fresh, clean Vietnamese food.  When I'm at the Ferry Building I usually opt for Slanted Door takeout but thought that since I had a guest, we'd try something new. After walking around the amazing outdoor farmer's market for awhile, we'd worked up an appetite and were ready to eat.  We landed at Mijita which has a small menu with tacos, enchiladas and various side dishes.  I ordered a carnitas (pork) taco with a side of guacamole and chips.


The carnitas taco came topped with a spicy, tangy salsa verde and the pork was fall-off-the-bone tender.  It was a little tough to eat but tasty.  The guacamole was fresh and the chips were homemade, fried-to-order.  All in all, I would say that it was a good meal but a tad overpriced for the portion size.  Guess I'm just not used to city prices.

1 comment:

  1. Carnitas! My favorite, although I like beef carnitas a little better than pork. Great photo with those wonderful, vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete